Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pray for Brianna!


I got a call this past week from my NILMDTS (Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep) coordinator saying that there was a baby due to be born that has a very serious heart condition. The family had requested a photographer to come out and do a session with their baby to be. This family had lost another daughter last March to Pneumonia at only 2 months old and they didn't have very many pictures of her. They didn't want that to happen with this baby.

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (NILMDTS) is an organization that Shan and I belong to. We provide photography for families whose babies are very sick or have passed before birth or shortly after birth. It can be very difficult sometimes, but we always know that what we are providing may be all that a family has left of their child, so it is always worth it.

Baby Brianna was born on Wednesday, February 4th and has a very long road ahead of her. I asked the mother for permission to put Baby Brianna's images on my blog so that we could get prayers going up for her. She has many surgeries in her future and a very long road.

She is a beautiful baby and I felt honored to photograph her.



This is a picture of Brianna in her "home." She will probably spend months in the hospital, so this will truly be her home.


So please say a prayer for Brianna. Add her to your prayer list and pray for her everyday. Prayers for her family would also be wonderful!

3 comments:

Heather Roach Photography said...

Poor baby. I will pray for her and her family.

Liz said...

What a beautiful little girl. They are definitely in my prayers.

Nrallens said...

I will pray for that precious little girl!!! I feel terrible for the family to be wondering if their second child will leave them.