Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Frakenbaby Returns! (Graphic Post...Injury involved! Graphic Images too!)

I can't believe it, but my Christian once again had to get stitches this past week.

We were cleaning up the dinner dishes on Tuesday night (a week ago) and Christian climbed up on the kitchen stool next to the counter. In an instant (even though it seemed to happen in slow motion), the stool slipped and Christian fell down between the stool and the cabinet.

On any given day, Christian falls off something about a dozen times. He is ALL boy! But this time, the once in a million happened. His face slid along the knob of the lower cabinet and put just enough tension on his skin to tear it open. Then in a freak of nature...the knob went up in between his skin and muscle on his cheek and he hung on the knob! It was horrifying!

Shan was standing right next to him and I was at the sink, 3 steps away. Shan scooped him up and pulled him up off the knob and immediately laid him on the counter. I knew that we were going to be off to the hospital, so I got Shan a wet towel and then ran upstairs to put on my jeans. (I was in my comfy home clothes.)

Ian got Shan some ice in a baggie and then started to pray that Christian would be okay. He didn't know what else to do.

We grabbed both kids up and we were off to the hospital.

Amazingly, once Shan took the ice off his face, Christian was fine. He didn't cry and if you didn't see the gaping wound in the side of his face, you wouldn't have even known that he was hurt! He is a tough kid.

It took 3 internal stitches and 11 external stitches to close up the wound. The lady that stitched him up would have liked to have done more, but Christian just wasn't having anything to do with getting more!

Here are some pictures before and after the stitches.




He had his stitches taken out yesterday. I really hope that it heals up well. It is partially healed but because it is in an area that moves a lot, it is going to take a bit longer to heal.

So my Frankenbaby is back! Poor little man has had 24 stitches in his 28 months of life!

I guess that the Lord feels that I am strong enough to handle this child! LOL

2 comments:

Louise said...

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I hope he heals quickly.

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor baby! I hope he heals quickly and I hope he doesn't try anything like that at my house next month!