Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Family Reunion

The boys and I took off to Nashville on July 25th for a family reunion with my Mom's family. We have had these reunions every other year for the last couple of years. It is quite challenging to get us all together. It is hard enough to get 9 families to get their schedules to work together and find a time that we are all available, but add to to mix that we live in 5 different states spanning the country (from Utah to New Jersey) and it can be downright impossible.

My Aunt Jerri and Uncle Jerry were kind enough to plan this year's reunion. It was at the Wyndham Nashville. Tennessee seems to be closest to the middle for the majority of the group, so that is where we met up.

It was a really fun weekend. My Mom has 2 brothers (both older than her) and I have 5 first cousins. Amazingly enough....all of the 1's (my Mom's Generation) and the 2's (My Generation) were there for the first time ever! And most of the 3's (My Boys' Generation) were there. Only my cousin Angela's boys didn't make it this year (and her hubby and mine), but we were thrilled to see Angela as we didn't think she was going to make it either. They live the furthest in Utah.

So here are some group pictures of my family.

The 1's (My Mom's Generation)


The 2's (My Generation)


The 3's (My Boys' Generation) :
Very challenging since there are 8 kids, 8 years old and under!


The Whole Group

To my family: Thank you for a wonderful weekend. It was great seeing Ian and Christian playing with their cousins like we did as kids. I really enjoyed catching up with all of you and hearing about what life is like for you all now. I can't wait for the next one in 2010!

Steph

No comments: