Wednesday, March 31, 2010

God speaking

Today I was having a conversation with a friend and I felt a sudden pull in my heart and knew that I had to speak.

I immediately started asking my friend about her prayers and if she had prayed about what we were talking about. I could feel God pulling to my heart to speak. So I just started speaking from the heart. God led my words. It was if I wasn't even speaking them anymore. God was speaking through me.

It has been years since this has happened and it felt so great. It was a wonderful feeling knowing that God was helping me help my friend.

There are so many times that we go through life thinking that we have to be everything to everyone. I have found myself trying to be super-Mom, super-Wife, super-Photographer, super-Friend and struggling with the inability to do them all. Then I remember that I am no alone. I can turn my worries over to God and HE will show me the right path.

I don't want to get super religious about this, but I will tell you that there is a peace to throwing up your hands, admitting you can't do it all and asking for help from God. In those moments, I remember that God is always waiting in the wings to be called into my life.

I just have to take the first step and invite him in!

1 comment:

Northeast Ohio Wedding Planner said...

This is a great post and I love hearing about it happening to someone else, every once in a while, I am blessed enough to get that "tug" and know that God is using me for something. I love it and I'm glad you posted this and share in it!!!