Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Christian!

I can't believe that my baby is 2 years old today! The past 2 years have flown by so quickly that I am afraid that I will blink and he will be off to college. Christian is such a fun child. He doesn't say a whole lot, but what he does say, he says with enthusiasm! He loves to give kisses and hugs, he is still addicted to his Bink (lol) and he makes us laugh all the time. He dances and sings. And his giggles when you tickle him are contagious.

Here is a blast from 2 years ago today when I met my youngest son for the first time. (For those of you who don't know, we didn't find out the sex of our 2nd child until he was born...so I didn't know if I was carrying our 1st daughter or our 2nd son.) After 15 hours of labor, I ended up having a C-section because Christian decided he wanted to enter the world face up and my body just wasn't having that! LOL I can remember clear as day the moment that he was born and Shan looked over the curtain and then turned to me and said "So what do you think it is?" And I regret to admit that I said "It's a girl!" because I had never had a boy feeling throughout my entire pregnancy. Shan looked at me and said "It's a boy!" and I started to cry. Shan thought that I was upset that he wasn't a girl, but the next thing out of my mouth was "I'm so happy he's a boy!!" I had no clue what I was going to do with a girl and was thrilled to have another boy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now that same little man almost 2 years later at his birthday party this past weekend.







To celebrate his birthday today, we took the boys to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner. We had a big party with our family this past weekend, but I didn't want Christian's birthday to pass by without some recognition. Christian had a great time riding the rides and playing the games tonight.










I can't believe how much he has changed and yet how much he is the same. Those same eyes pierced my heart 2 years ago and still have the power to make me melt today.

Happy 2nd Birthday Christian! Mommy loves you with all her heart!

Mommy

2 comments:

Angela Oldaker said...

He was such a cute newborn!!! :) As we all know, they aren't always perfectly darling coming out of hiding. ;) I admit Noah had a massive conehead for a day or so, (that's what happens when it takes mom two hours of pushing...) but he was still pretty darn cute. He looks like he had a great 2nd birthday! We love you too, Christian!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what precious pictures of baby Christian! You have 2 beautiful boys! What would we even do with girls?? Was your mom and dad able to celebrate his birthday with you?

I hear you about the Bink! I have decided it's time to get rid of Landon's so when he gets home from school today they are all going to be gone! I'll let you know how that goes!