Monday, July 21, 2008

WPPI 8x10 Competition

The WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International) 8x10 competition was held in June. I submitted 12 images for this competition and I am pleased to announce that I received an Accolade of Excellence for 1 image. It is an amazing honor to receive this award. There were over 900 entries in this 8x10 competition!

Anyway, here is the press release for this award if you want to read it.

The winning image was taken at Luther and CarLisa Johnson's wedding on June 1, 2008. Here is the winning image "Baby...Don't Cry."


Thank you to everyone who has supported me through these competitions. They are very stressful but can also be very rewarding when others see worth in your images.

Steph

2 comments:

The Red Headed Mama said...

That picture is amazing, congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

I missed it! I had a few I was going to submit to the 8x10 and I missed it!! Darn!
Congrats on the win, Steph, that is fantastic!!!