Friday, June 13, 2008

Welcome to the World Ian!


I had the amazing opportunity to be present at the birth of Ian Pierpoint Clark yesterday. Stacy called me at 3am on June 12th and told me that she was getting ready to go to the hospital. I quickly gathered all of my gear and took off for the 30 minute drive to the hospital.

I got to meet Aiden, Stacy and Jared's 5 year old son when I got to the hospital. He was very excited about his baby brother being born. Stacy's parents, Tim and Linda, came to pick Aiden up not too long after I got there so that he wouldn't have to wait around in the waiting room all morning.

Her labor progressed pretty well. She tried to get some rest, but I don't think that she got very much. Before we knew it though, it was time for Ian to come out and meet us all.

Ian was born at 10:12am, weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz. and was 20 inches long at Mercy Medical Center in Canton, OH. I stayed and got pictures of Aiden meeting his baby brother for the first time and the grandparents first meeting with Ian. Then I headed home that afternoon for a bit of rest myself! LOL

Here are some of my favorite images from Ian's birth.















I always take the opportunity to go back on Day 2 and get some more images of the baby and the family. It gives everyone a chance to rest and clean up. I went back today and got a few more of baby Ian with his Mom and Dad.







If you are interested in seeing the slideshows of Ian's birth and Day 2, here are the links for those.

Ian Pierpoint Clark - Birth

Ian Pierpoint Clark - Day 2

Thanks for looking and thank you again to Stacy and Jared for allowing me to be part of this amazing event!

Steph

2 comments:

Jaci Clark said...

AWWW! What a sweet little guy! Those images are great, Steph! What beautiful memories they'll have of that moment!

Cheers,
Jaci

The Red Headed Mama said...

Thank you again for doing such an amazing job!!