Friday, June 13, 2008

Engagement Session: Andrew and Jen

Andrew and Jen will be getting married this November. They wanted to do a very casual and laid back engagement session. Engagement sessions are definitely a big challenge for me, being a photojournalist, so many times, I just allow the couples to be together without any direction. I want to see them come out as people and look natural. I want to capture their relationship in a very real way. And I think we accomplished just that with Andrew and Jen.

Enjoy!
Steph



Oh...they also let me play a little with a new concept. It is called Stop Time. The premise is that I give the couple 3 minutes to do whatever they want. I let them know the boundaries of my viewfinder and I just let them have fun and play around. All the while, I am taking pictures of the action. Then I put it together in a Stop Time movie. I think this will become a standard in my engagement sessions! (To view this Stop Time movie in it's own window, go to the following link: Andrew and Jen - Stop Time )

No comments: