Thursday, March 29, 2007

Purple 4

You ever have one of those days...the kind where you wake up and you are so excited about what you are doing that day that you seem to lose your brain.

Monday was that day for me.

On a whim about 3 weeks ago, we decided that we were going to attend the WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International) Convention in Las Vegas. Although my passion for weddings hadn't really faded, my ability to make my work fresh had completely stagnated. I needed to take action! What a perfect opportunity...a photography convention!

So I am typing this as I sit in my hotel room at the Golden Nugget. My 3 year old is sleeping on 2 arm chairs pushed together to make his "special bed". We determined that it is his pirate ship. (This is the only night that he will be sleeping on the chairs, but there just isn't room for 4 people in our bed!)

This convention has been amazing and I am planning to make a few posts over the next few days. (Not likely on Friday since we will be taking the red-eye out of here tomorrow and won't actually get home until almost midday on Friday!)

But for today...I will just tell you about Purple 4.

So Monday was our first full day at the convention. We arrived at 8am...problem #1 for me...I am not a morning person. NO Starbucks...problem #2...I needed caffeine to break up the rust in my brain gears. And wearing shoes that although cute, really were a bad choice! (I have 3 blisters to prove it!)

So we came out of the convention on Monday around 3pm to our afternoon break. We needed to run to the store, so we decided to pile into the rental car and go shopping.

"Hmmm....anybody remember where we parked?"

"I think we were on 4"

"No, I'm pretty sure it was 5"

"Really because I was thinking 3"

So 4 very intelligent people spent about 20 minutes wandering around 3 different parking deck levels because we had filled out heads so much with good photography information that we didn't even notice where we parked.

*Side tidbit: The Level 4 color is Purple at our hotel and at the hotel the convention was at.*

So we have decided to always park on Purple 4 so that we could find our car easier.

Of course, then it has transitioned into our superhero group name.

So we are the Purple 4 and we love it! I can't imagine we will every forget who we are!

Go Purple 4!

Until we meet again,
Steph

No comments: