Monday, June 15, 2009

Spring Break

This was our first year of having a child in school, so Spring Break was cause for celebration! We chose to spend the first part of Spring Break around the house and enjoying not having to get up at 6:30am to get ready for school.

The last half of the week though, we went to my parents in New Jersey. The boys love getting to go visit their Oma and Opa and I enjoy having a break from being the primary caregiver!

My parents have a large ottoman in the living room that opens up and is storage for blankets and pillows. The boys love to open it and play in it. One night, they just lounged inside it and on the top cushion of it while watching a movie.


Ian enjoyed playing on the computer in the office.


We took the boys hiking one day. Christian didn't really enjoy it and cried almost the whole trip up the mountain. We didn't even make it to the lake that we were aiming for! LOL But I got some cute pictures anyway! (Some may have been taken by my Dad...I tend to leave my camera at the house and just borrow his when I am there. He loves to take pictures as much as I do and I enjoy the break from constant shooting!)





I really hope we can find a new hooded t-shirt for Ian this fall. The shirt he has on is his favorite and it is getting too small....but he just doesn't want to give it up!


One thing is for sure...the boys get worn out when they are at Oma and Opa's! Christian likes looking through books at bedtime and this is how I found him one night when I went to turn the light off. Poor tired baby!


Ian loves to read books with my Dad at night. He loves reading as much as we do!

Spring Break was a lot of fun and it was nice to have a break from the daily school routine. I'm sure Ian would agree! And Christian enjoyed having his big brother home during the day.

No comments: