Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kindergarten Orientation


I can't even believe that I am typing this. My baby...my 1st born...is starting Kindergarten in 2 days!!! Today was his orientation.

He got to go to his school, meet his teacher, take his rug and blanket for quiet time and put his crayon box in his chair pouch. He examined the classroom. He really liked the dome of bugs. (It was a plastic dome that has preserved bugs in it. He wanted to touch them to help them move, but we explained that they wouldn't move anymore.)

He did really well and I am happy that he likes his classroom. Hopefully I won't fall to pieces when I put him on the school bus for the first time on Friday.

Here are some images from his orientation.

Meeting his teacher, Mrs. Cole

Here is Ian introducing himself to his classmate Connor.
(I don't think Connor quite understood Ian's handshake. LOL)

Ian found his name on the Classroom Jobs list. I think he will do good with a job.

He liked finding the kitchen set to play with. (Sorry Dad! LOL)

Of course, he began playing with the kitchen by re-organizing it. He found dishes in the refrigerator and said "Those don't go there!" and promptly put them in the cupboard.
Same with the food. And the salt. LOL

Ian was fascinated with the Bug Dome! Go figure! LOL

Now he has found the workbench. (There you go Dad!) He screwed down that one piece of wood to make it secure! Even Shan couldn't get it loose...but that was before Ian told him that there was a nut underneath of it! LOL

This is why I don't ask my kids to look at me and smile.
This is what I got when I asked Ian to sit at his place at his table, look at me and smile! LOL

If you get a minute, say a prayer for Ian...that he will do well, fit in and be patient and quiet in Kindergarten. (Okay...that is probably asking a lot, but God can do anything, so it can't hurt to pray!) Also, say a prayer that I will make it through Friday! It is going to be a long, rough day for me too! LOL

More pictures to come on Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked that posed picture! Very cute little boy! Did you know I went to Chapel Hill for Kindergarten? That was my one and only year there. Didn't you go there as well? Good luck tomorrow. Logan is loving school this year and I'm sure Ian will too. You will be just fine!

Anonymous said...

Hey I went to Kindergarten at Chapel Hill too.... LOL!! Yeah, Jamie and I were in the same class! Isaac's orientation is today and he starts on Tuesday so believe me I know how you are feeling! It is hard to believe how fast our kids grow up!! My oldest, Ian, is a Junior this year and is playing for Norton on their Football teams. Time flies doesn't it?!! Talk to you soon!!