Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Holiday Hangover

So we finally ended our marathon of holiday travels and landed back in good ole' Akron, OH on January 2nd. Of course with a bridal show very soon on the horizon and an office to move (more on this in a bit), I had plenty on my plate to take care of. And yet...I was suffering from the dreaded Holiday Hangover.

I am sure many of you have experienced this at some point in your lives. You spend days and weeks leading up to a major event (ie. A Wedding, Birthday, Vacation, Holiday) and as soon as it is over, you go into this stupor. You aren't sure what to do with yourself now that it is over. You are happy that life is back to "normal", but then you start to question...what is a normal life? Your life has been all consumed by this event for so long that you can't even recognize normal anymore. You have lots of stuff that needs to be taken care of since you haven't been focusing on anything but the event, but for some reason, you can't shift your mind into gear to get things done. This is what I have dubbed the Holiday Hangover.

I suffered from the Holiday Hangover for 2 days this time. I had tons of e-mail and phone calls to return from my break, but for some reason, I just couldn't get focused on it for several days. Maybe this is God's way of helping us get our life back in order. Slow us down when we get back from an event so that we can see the big picture and really get things in order.

Anyway...I think that most of my Holiday Hangover has lifted. I am back into work and life mode and am happy to be "normal" again. My next post will go into more detail about the move and some changes in my life.

Hope all of you have made it out of the Holidays happy and safe. Let's have a great 2008!
Steph

No comments: