Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Midwest Conference - What a Blast!!!

Last weekend, I had the honor to be asked to speak at a conference of photographers in Cincinnati, OH. This conference included photographers from across the Midwest (there were people from Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky and West Virginia there!) We had a great weekend shooting and sharing about our photography businesses. I thought I would share a few pictures with you.

This first one was one that we had seen elsewhere and knew we had to try it. The only way to get this shot is to throw the camera up in the air while it is on timer mode so that it goes off in the air. I had tried the first 3 tosses, but ended up cutting open my finger on the flash hot shoe of my camera (that metal part at the top that the flash slides onto). So my hubby, Shan, ended up doing the next 21 tosses to get the shot just right. (I am at the bottom in the middle in a sage green turtleneck.)


This is Lauren. She is 14 years old and was a model for us for the weekend. This was just a quick shot that I got of her when she was modeling for one of the seminars.



This is Liv. (Some of you may have seen here 2nd shooting for us at weddings) She came with us for the weekend to be a model. I think this shot should be titled "Homeless Diva Bride". LOL


Here is Lauren again giving some attitude.


Gotta love fisheye shots!


I didn't end up shooting very much this past weekend because I was working one on one with a lot of photographers and helping them to learn new tips and tricks about their cameras. It was very awesome to be teaching what I know to other photographers and knowing that by sharing my knowledge with them, they would cut so much time and so many headaches off their business growth.

We all had so much fun this past weekend, that we have already scheduled another one for April. It was great to get to know some new friends and to laugh! (If I get really brave, I will post some pictures of our night out at the Claddagh, the Irish Pub we went to. LOL)

I had a great time with everyone and thanks again for asking me to speak!

Steph

No comments: