Monday, July 16, 2007

It's that time....

Being a perfectionist sucks! Plain and simple!

People look at my work and they tell me how beautiful it is. But as a perfectionist, no matter how much I may love an image, I can tell you 1000 ways I would change it to make it perfect.

Being a perfectionist AND an artist sucks even more! LOL I want my creations to be absolutely perfect. But the nature of my work is that sometimes I get the great emotion but the background isn't what I want or I get a great location and nothing amazing happens to allow me to maximize its use. Hmmmph!

Oh well....the part I really love is just catching people when they don't know I am there. Capturing their story, even if everything isn't perfect. Perfection is best left to God. I will shoot for simply amazing!

Why do I ramble about this? Because I was looking through my gallery online today and I came to realize that it is time to make some changes. The gallery has a lot of my 2006 work and it is time for an update. I have grown, my vision has changed and my images should reflect that.

So keep an eye out for my new gallery slideshow. I hope to have it up and running in the next day or so. (Maybe even tonight if I can get the boys to be early! LOL)

Steph

No comments: