Sunday, July 22, 2007

Golf is fun....and frustrating.

So I have taken up the sport of golf. When I told my Dad (who has golfed since I was a kid), he replied, "What? You don't have enough frustration in your life?" And I didn't understand why he said that.

For those who don't golf, the premise of the game is very simple. Take a small white ball, hit it with the club and get it in the hole. In theory, this should be very simple. Intellectually, I know exactly what I need to do to accomplish this task. The frustrating part comes in when the little white ball doesn't do what I want it to do. LOL Ahhh...now I understand my Dad's words.

I really do enjoy it and according to my hubby, Shan, he has never seen anyone hit so straight. I do pretty good off the tee, but my short game is horrible. If I am within 75 yds of the green but not on it, I am screwed! LOL So today we went to the driving range and I practiced a lot with my pitching wedge. I need to do some putting practice too.

Here are a couple of shots that Shan took of me hitting with my long hybrid club. (This, according to my Father in Law is the perfect club for my swing right now. For all the other golfers out there, this club is equivalent to a 5 iron.)





If anyone is up for 9 holes sometime, give me a call. We'll set up a scramble.

Steph

No comments: